Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Quick Easy Dinner/Dessert Rolls

For a family dinner, my AWESOME sister-in-law made wonderful homemade rolls. We all oohed and aawhed over them and quickly put two on our plates (to ensure we would get at least one). They were gone in no time, with "Hey! I only got one!", heard round the table (there are a lot of kids to compete with). So if you are searching for a delicious homemade roll recipe, then search no more!!! She is sharing it with us!!!

Here is what she wrote:
***Please don't be afraid of this bread recipe! ***
I am in no way a baker of bread, but this one turns out great every time.
There are a couple reasons I like this recipe:
  • The first is that it's quick: it takes about an hour from start to finish.
  • Secondly, it's very versatile.
    ***You can make crescent rolls, orange rolls, cinnamon rolls or any shape rolls. I usually use half for rolls and half for cinnamon rolls. (They take a little longer to bake.)***

Quick Rolls

  • 1 3/4 C hot water
  • 1/2 C oil
  • 1/3 C sugar
  • 2 TB yeast (or two packets)
  • 1 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 5-6 C flour

Directions:

Gently mix water, yeast, oil & sugar. Let sit for 15 minutes. Add eggs, salt and flour until barely sticky (about 5 cups). Knead until smooth. Roll out to desired shape and put in pan. ***(For crescent rolls, spread butter on the dough before cutting and rolling.)*** Let rise 10 minutes.Bake @ 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.***Tips & Tricks:-Instead of putting flour on your hands before kneading the dough, use Crisco. Be sure to remove rings and watches and to cover the heel of your hands that will be doing the kneading!

***Use a pizza cutter to slice the dough. I love my Tupperware mat for rolling out dough. It keeps my counter clean and I can toss the whole mess in the sink when I'm done.
Have a wonderful day!!

Joy is an excellent stay-at-home mother of 3 beautiful girls (they are always dressed soooo cute and have their hair in pretty designs and bows).
She tutors math and teaches piano when she can. She has a math degree from BYU (so she is not only pretty but super smart too). Thanks Joy and I will be making these with my kids tonight :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great post!! You made me blush. :) I hope your rolls turned out. I tossed some of mine in the freezer, we'll see how they turn out when defrosted.

    ReplyDelete