Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Flower Power

This weekend I made a fun purse using an Amy Butler pattern. I can never stick to a pattern so I made a lot of modifications. Next time I make it again I will create a new improved pattern and share it :)
But I do have a Flower Power Pattern to share that I made up to add spice to any purse!
You'll Need:
  • 1/4-1/2 yard fabric
  • large button
  • coordinating thread
  • hand needle
  • pins
  • 1/4-1/2 yard fusible interfacing
  • Flower Power pattern
1: Cut out pattern (adjust size if smaller flower is desired) and cut out 2 for each of the 5 petals.
2: Cut out 1 interfacing for every petal (5), then iron interfacing to fabric.
3: Sew 1 interfacing fused fabric with 1 non fused fabric petal, clip edges.
4: Turn petal inside out, iron, and stitch down.
5: Pleat end of petal, iron, and sew in place.
6: Arrange petals and tack down with needle and thread. Hand sew on button. Sew or pin flower to purse, hat, clothing, etc.

How easy was that to add a little spice and pizazz!

2 comments:

  1. Cute flower! I am looking forward to the purse pattern. My little girl is turning 12 in August and with the perfect fabrics this could possible the most perfect little purse for her! (And she is SUCH a girly girl, too. So fun!)
    :~D

    ReplyDelete