Monday, July 27, 2009

How to make an easy Butterfly Cupcake Cake

Here's What You'll Need:
  • 2D Tip and large Pastry Bag
  • 50 cupcakes (or less, this is just what I used)
  • Large platter/cardboard/cake board to put it on

Step 1) Arrange cupcakes in a tight butterfly shape. About 21-22 on each side and save 5-6 for center body and head.

Step 2) Fill tip and bag with frosting (here's a link to my favorite http://craftersguru.blogspot.com/2009/04/my-favorite-butter-cream-recipe.html#links ) Make a large swirl pattern over each cupcake (enough to cover cupcake and crevices in between cupcakes)

Step 3) In a new bag decorate butterfly as desired. You can use candy for the face and spots on the butterfly (kids love it) plus it is super easy, looks soooo cute and yummy!

Easy and you don't have to cut the cake when it is time to eat. Just pull apart and serve!

Here is another cake I did at work this passed weekend. I did 5 or 6 more but my batter ran out on my phone (from using it so we had music to listen to at work).

This look can be achieved with a 12 tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment