Monday, September 21, 2009

Cakes

This was three of the fastest cakes I've ever decorated. I had to deliver these three cakes before 2:00pm to a wedding reception following a full day of cakes. I had to get up at 6am in order to make it happen and work the day before. I finished decorating these three cakes from baked cakes start to boarded finished masterpieces. I'm getting faster even though the baby was having a boxing match inside of me the entire time.
Below is an engagement cake that the groom wanted to take to Dodger stadium and announce it in front of thousands! Hope she said, "Yes!"
Elmo cupcake cakes are becoming sooo popular that I can whip them out fast. They are so easy to make. All you do is group about 16 cupcake (can be done with more or less) in a half circle and place two more at the top for the eyes. With a 2d tip make long whiskers/fur outwards over the tightly packed cupcakes, add white with a 1m tip for the eyes and yellow nose, dot eyes and make bear-like smile in black with a #8 or 9 tip and you're done!
This monstrosity was for a baby blessing! the flowers are made of fondant. We used a fondant flower cutter kit (like a mini flower shaped cookie cutter) and I secured them with butter cream frosting as well as dotted the center with white butter cream frosting.
I love cakes that use rice paper print outs. They are done in no time flat and look awesome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment