Here's What You'll Need:
- 2 pieces of Fabric measuring 16" L by 9.5" H For (lining and front)
- 1 piece of fusible interfacing measuring 16"L by 9.5"H
- 1 piece of fabric measuring 16"L by 5.5"H on the fold (for pocket)
- 1 piece of fusible interfacing measuring 16"L by 5.5"H
- 2 pieces of fabric measuring 29" L by 4.5"H (for straps)
Step 1: For one of my 16"L by 9.5"H pieces of fabric I chose to sew strips that equaled 16"L by 9.5"H to make use of random scraps. A solid fabric looks great too!
Step 2: Iron on the fusible interfacing to the back of fabric.Step 3: Iron interfacing to inside of pocket piece.
Step 5: Pin pocket to front of purse fabric and tack down with a loose stitch on both sides.***to avoid scrunched fabric always sew down on pockets (start on fold and sew down on pocket)***
Step 5: Sewing down pocket, sew 4" from left end , 8" from left end, again 9.5" from left end, and 11" from left end. These will make 5 pockets for pens, sun glasses, gum, note paper etc.Step 6: Fold lining in half (right sides kissing) and iron, then fold pocket front panel in half
the same way and iron. Sew lining open side and bottom together and repeat on pocketed panel. Clip edges to prevent rounded edges.
Be Creative, Look Fantastic!
It's Your Time To Shine!!!