Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Cake Mix Cookies

Many of you know that I am working on a new book, Love is in the Mix!
Turn your cake mixes into easy yummy fun baking activities with your kids!
Here's a fun one to try:
What do you do with all that left over Halloween candy? Why not chop it up and mix it into mouth watering cookies!

All you need is:
1 cake mix
1 lb butter (4 sticks, aka 2 cups) room temp
2 3/4 flour
left over Halloween candy
(like M&M's, Snickers, Butterfingers, anything that will go well with chocolate)


***I used my kids small packages of M&M's ranging in itty bitty sizes, regular and peanut M&M's. If you want it even more chocolaty (I did), just add chocolate chips.***

  • Step 1: Pre-heat your oven to 350 F
  • Step 2: Mix flour, cake mix and softened butter until well blended. I used my mixer. Then add your chopped up candy.
  • Step 3: Use an ice cream scooper to form dough into 1" balls. Place on cookie sheet and flatten slightly.
  • Step 4: Bake for 15-18 minutes or until edges of cookie are slightly brown. Let cool for a few minutes and then place on a cooling rack.

These cookies are so buttery and mouth watering. They are great dipped in milk!!!

Remember to make them with your kids for a fun family time activity!!!

Have Fun

Be Creative

Look Fantastic!

It's Your Time To Shine!

1 comment:

  1. This is very awesome! I will definitely have to try it something with my little one. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete