Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Decorative Push Pins

These sturdy little numbers make me happy to pin up artwork, lists and even bills :)
All you need is:
Large Pushpins (I found these over sized beauties at Walmart)
Glass stones (buy them by the bag. One side is flat and one is bubbled)
E-6000 glue
Fabric Scraps (I used bandannas)
Step 1: Trace the fat part of the pushpin onto fabric with a pencil/pen and cut out fabric to fit over the top of pushpin and generously glue.
Step 2: Generously glue glass stone onto fabric covered pushpin and let dry (I let them dry by having the push pin lay with glass stone on a surface with the pin side up). Done! I have used these pushpins for years and the stone stays glued on. E-6000 glue is awesome :)
***Note: I also did this same technique on a really thick sturdy magnet that is about the same circumference as the stone. They work great as fridge magnets :)
Have Fun,
Be Creative,
Look Fantastic!
It's Your Time To Shine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment