Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Home Sweet Home

BEFORE: Many of you have asked to see my progress on my home make-over. I found a picture that shows you a little of what it looked like before. The colors were darker and richer because my husband told me that he would put in skylights for more lighting. Well, 7 years later and it still hasn't happened so I decided to let the light come in onm my own!
Here is the transformation thus far. I still have a few more things to hang, things to paint and pictures to paint but since I've started Homeschooling 5 kids (Yep! Little Jack started his little lessons on shapes, numbers and colors today) and I am in my last 2 months of pregnancy, my energy is zapped as well as any free moment of time!!!
AFTER:The above is a view from the door and below is a view from the kitchen/dining room area.Again this is a view from the door.
Below is a view from the living room couch.
Here are the kids artwork. I still have to re-do our family motto and crest in more vibrant colors to match the new look (thus the reason for the large white blank canvas in the middle). The kitchen hasn't changed much except for the island. I'm going to wait on re-painting anything until I can get new counter tops..wich won't be in the budget for a while with a new baby coming. A larger car is further on the want/need list at present.Here is the kitchen so far. The kids got to pick their chair color. Now no more fights on seating arrangements!

This is it so far as well as the bathroom pics you have already seen. The girls and the master bedroom are still in the works and not far enough to show pics. It might be a while if my energy remains zapped like it has been the last few days! I hope you enjoyed and get inspired to let a little light in your homes :)

5 comments:

  1. I love it - The rooms look so bright and happy and I am definately loving all the red - I would do my whole house in red if I could!!
    Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I just love it!!! I love the red couches, the light blue walls, the white piano surrounded by kids art work, the island, the different color chairs around the table. I love it all, you are so talented!!! So beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it too. i want to redo our place but don't even know where to start. yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much fun! I don't know how you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Turned out great!!! So light and bright! I was wondering if a new car was in the plan for you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete