Monday, June 8, 2009

How to Transfer a Drawing onto a Cake


What You'll Need:
Wax paper
Piping Gel
Pastry bag and tip #2 (or cut the very tip of a Ziploc freezer bag)
Art
Step 1: Place the waxed paper over the art(I got this from Google images and adjusted the size to fit the cake) and trace with piping gel. ***Taping the art and the waxed paper helps it to not shift*** Step 2: Gently place waxed paper (gel side flat and straight down) on the desired location of the cake. Then gently go over the gelled area with your finger and trace. This will transfer the gel to the cake surface. Gently and slowly peel the waxed paper from the cake.

Step 3: Trace over your gelled drawing with desired frosting and colors and decorate as desired. I like to trace the drawing then fill it in, then add the outline of the drawing to define it. I will sometimes change the drawing a little bit. I was running out of time so I decided to have the horse's hair flow in the front and not like the drawing. Make changes as you see fit. It's your creation so be creative with it. The more you practice the better you will get. This transfer method will help you on your way.
***Don't forget to sign up for the Design-A-T FREEBIE from Friday's post. The more who enter the more I will give away so everyone has a 1 in 10 chance of winning***

5 comments:

  1. I think you are my new favorite blog! A woman after my own heart. I have 5 kids too and I love all crafts!
    I have always wanted to learn how to do this!! Yaaaayyy

    If you get a chance come by and visit me I'm doing a big summer giveaway on my blog.

    Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! It turned out way too cute. I couldn't believe how yummy the cake was too. Everyone was super impressed. Thanks again and again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh goodness, so clever!

    and i love that it's rainbow brite's horse. i'm a child of the 80s, it's true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Rainbow Brite's sweet horse and could do no other horse then that. I just had to add a horn, she wanted a unicorn!

    ReplyDelete