Thursday, March 11, 2010

Camera Strap Cover

~A Strap Cover for your camera or video camera~
It's SEW Easy!!!
Step 1: Find the width of your camera strap and add 1/2". Then multiply it by 2. This will give you the width that you should cut your fabric. For the length I measured 1.5 times the length of my existing camera strap. After obtaining these measurements, cut your fabric to match.
Step 2: Fold each end of your fabric strip over twice towards the wrong side of fabric and sew down (as shown below). Then sew a 1-1.5" side of a Velcro strip to each side (as pictured). Then repeat on opposite end. *Note: I had 2 strips of fabric that I sewed together to give me the width I needed.***Step 3: Sew down the side to close the strap then turn inside out.Step 4: Remove your old straps from one side of your camera and slip the strap cover over your old strap. Re-attach the removed side and... done!***Note:
The strap on this picture was not pushed all the way past the leather end. It stayed in place so I didn't have to use the Velcro end.***
As always:
Have Fun,
Be Creative,
Look Fantastic!
It's Your Time to Shine!

1 comment:

  1. Okay that is cute.... I would have never thought of it but it is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete