Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Embroidered Onsies

ESPN, The Best Craft Motivator There Is
My husband watches sports. Incessantly. No matter the season, there is always a sport on. So, while Jason switches between every ESPN channel known, (ESPNU is only college sports, I learned recently. Go figure.) I usually surf the web, or roam around the house in search of things to do. When I was pregnant and nesting, I scored an adorable roman shade from Pottery Barn Kids for the baby’s bath, which normally retails for $89. The seller had listed it incorrectly, and I found it after several differently worded searches. Want to know how much I scored it for? $2.95. Yes, less than 3 bucks. New in package. (I am proud of myself. Seriously.)

After decorating the nursery and bathroom, and the rest of the house as well, I started trying to jazz up some of the baby’s boring little white onesies. I started with a long-sleeved onesie, and sorted through my scrapbooking stamps, finally settling on this monkey business stamp:

Then, I stamped the onesie:

And, stitched around it with brown embroidery floss.

I'm not exactly the craftiest person, but this was quick and easy, and you can easily create one-of-a-kind unique items for your little ones.

Have fun!

Andria

Coming at you from, Austin, Texas, I blog about my life on Andria and Co. Once single, and not so carefree, I have joined the ranks of women who stay at home. Here you will find the chronicles of my life involving my trip through infertility, my relationship with my husband, my two little heathens, and my love of shoes.

Andria thanks for this simply adorable baby outfit! I will certainly be in need of onsies in the next 5 months!

3 comments:

  1. hey looky there I am number 100 - now we can get that give away going...congrats - this is a cool website with lots of fun info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for being the 100 th follower! Yippee! I will post the freebie Friday! Thanks soooo much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an excellent idea! There are so many beautiful stamps, and it's a very easy way of embroidering!

    ReplyDelete