Tuesday, March 23, 2010

How to Make Bias Tape

Bias Tape can be used for a plethora of projects

from clothing to camera shoulder pads to binding on a quilt.Step 1: with a half yard of ironed fabricfold it in half on the bias (angle) and cut.
Step 2: Then cut 3" strips on the angle.

***Note: I used the first cut strip as a guide for the other strips.***Step 3: Sew ends together straight across. Then cut off (pointed) triangle ends.Step 4: Fold sewn strips in half and iron.
Step 5: Open up strip and then iron each

side down, meeting at the center fold.
Step 6: Fold in half and iron again.

Step 7: Add it to your sewing projects.

To add bias tape I open up the bias tape and place the right sides of my bias tape and touch the right side of my sewing projects edge. The fold nearest to the edge of my project and bias tape, I use as a sewing guide. I then sew the bias tape to my project, sewing on that fold in the bias tape. After that is done I wrap the rest of the bias tape around to the other side of my sewing project. ***I usually use bias tape as an edge binder to add a cute trim or cover up rough edges of a project. ***Sew your bias tape down on the other side. I follow as close as I can to the end of the fold (making sure I sew the back of the bias tape as well as the front. It can be a bit tricky at first but the more you do it the more familiar you will become with it.

Have Fun,

Be Creative,

Look Fantastic!

It's Your Time To Shine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment